U.S. Biocompatible Materials Market: 5 Important Trends
Wednesday, April 15, 2015
Source: Becker's Spine Review
The demand for biocompatible materials in the United States is forecast to grow rapidly in the next few years, according to new analysis from Report Buyer.
Here are five key trends in the U.S. biocompatible materials market:
- The market will grow at a growth rate of 5.4 percent annually to $5.5 billion in 2018.
- Synthetic polymers will remain the top-selling product group, and account for 56 percent of 2018 revenues. The demand for these polymers will reach $3 billion by 2018.
- The demand for natural biocompatible polymers will increase by 5.5 percent per year to $1.1 billion in 2018.
- Additionally, hyaluronic acid will see the fastest revenue gains among natural biocompatible polymers.
- Advances in alumina-zirconia nanocomposites will broaden the use of biocompatible ceramics in dental and orthopedic implants.