MedTech Honors Recipients
Each year, MedTech recognizes members and partners with awards in a variety of categories. We congratulate each and every one of these honorees and are grateful for their dedication to the bio/med industry and commitment to improving the lives of patients world-wide. Awards are announced in November in conjunction with the MedTech annual meeting. Review the list of impressive honorees below, and navigate to their websites to learn more about their organizations.
Awarded to a company that has blazed a trail of innovation under extraordinary circumstances.
Outstanding Contribution to the Bio/Med Industry
Awarded to a company whose efforts over the past year will have a lasting impact on patient health.
- 2022: AngioDynamics
- 2021: Curia Global
- 2020: Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (now QuidelOrtho)
- 2019: Michael Williams (presented as an individual award of "Outstanding Career Contribution" in 2019)
Project of the Year
Awarded to an initiative that has had a singular and demonstrable impact on public health.
- 2022: NYS Biodefense Commercialization Fund
- 2021: GRYT's Global Virtual Cancer Conference
- 2020: Upstate Medical University/Quadrant BioSciences
- 2019: Empire Discovery Institute (EDI)
Distinguished Achievement in Clinical Research
Awarded to an institution whose contributions to clinical practice have measurably advanced medical research.
- 2022: Upstate Medical University
- 2021: University at Buffalo
- 2020: University of Rochester
- 2019: Masonic Medical Research Institute (MMRI)
Distinguished Achievement in Life Sciences Education
Awarded to an institution whose contributions to life sciences education have measurably advanced the field.
- 2022: Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI)
new award in 2022
Awarded to a collaborating organization that has distinguished itself by its support of New York’s bio/med industry.
- 2022: Invest Buffalo Niagara
- 2021: Biopharma Institute
- 2020: FuzeHub
- 2019: Upstate Capital Association
Economic Development Superstar
Awarded to an individual who has demonstrated an extraordinary ability to create positive change for New York’s bio/med industry.
- 2022: Deborah Novick, Westchester County Economic Development
- 2021: Kathi Durdon, CNY Biotech Accelerator
- 2020: Matt Watson, Empire State Development Division of Science, Technology & Innovation (NYSTAR)
- 2019: Peter Robinson, University at Rochester
Awarded to an individual who has shown an extraordinary ability to adapt to changed circumstances.
- 2022: Kelsey Moody, Ichor Life Sciences
- 2021: Michelle Bonn, Compliance Team
- 2020: Lisa Sonneborn, Clarity Clinical
- 2019: Gregg Gellman, Thinking Robot Studios
Awarded to an organization whose support for, and commitment to, the life sciences has advanced the interests of New York’s bio/med industry.
Newcomer of the Year
Awarded to a MedTech member organization that hit the ground running and has made positive contributions to New York’s bio/med industry.
Get it Done
Awarded to an individual who, through collaboration and dedication to mission, has measurably advanced New York’s Bio/Med Industry.
- 2019: Jeff Champagne
2019 award only
Awarded to a corporate leader whose impact extends beyond the c-suite to advance the interests of New York’s Bio/Med Industry.
- 2019: Norma Nowak
2019 award only