Technology & Rare Neurological Diseases SymposiumAdd to calendar
Friday, May 12, 2017
7:30 am – 3:45 pm
Location: University of Rochester, Saunders Research Building, Helen Wood Hall Auditorium
The University of Rochester, a national leader in rare diseases clinical research and therapeutic development, is hosting a one-day symposium on novel applications of technology to accelerate the development of new therapeutics for patients with rare neurological disorders.
Regional and national leaders in rare diseases, health technologies, and clinical trials will demonstrate how to leverage new tools and technologies to enhance patient partnership, reduce the burden of participation in clinical research, and accelerate development of new therapeutics.
View the list of speakers here.
- 7:30 – 8:15am | Registration & Breakfast
- 8:15 – 8:30am | Welcome: Advancing Therapeutics For Rare Neurological Diseases
- 8:30 – 9:00am | Keynote: The Current & Future Landscape For Orphan Diseases
- 9:00 – 10:00am | Panel: Learning What Is Important To The Patient
- 10:00 – 10:30am | Networking Break: Sponsor/Partnership Spotlight
- 10:30 – 11:30am | Panel: Wearable Sensors & Applications For Generating High-Quality, Meaningful Data
- 11:30–12:30pm | Lunch: Sponsor/Partnership Spotlight
- 12:30 – 1:00pm | Keynote: 30 Million Americans – Impact & Empowerment
- 1:00 – 2:00pm | Panel: Virtual Visits To Facilitate The Design Of Feasible Clinical Trials
- 2:00 – 2:30pm | Networking Break: Sponsor/Partnership Spotlight
- 2:30 – 3:30pm | Panel: Social Media Tools For Efficient, Effective Recruitment