Stack Family Center for Biopharmaceutical Education and Training Grand OpeningAdd to calendar
w/ a Technical Symposium
Wednesday, September 15, 2021
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Location: Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Join Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences on September 15 at 1 PM ET as it celebrates the Grand Opening of the Stack Family Center for Biopharmaceutical Education and Training (CBET) with a technical symposium.
CBET is structured around two important ideas:
- The dynamic acceleration in biologics manufacturing technical sophistication will require an equally technically sophisticated workforce
- Pharmacy and pharmaceutical science expertise is critical to a comprehensive manufacturing operation
Both concepts will be addressed at a special symposium on September 15.
The first portion of the symposium will feature three speakers addressing Recent Developments in the Biomanufacturing of Therapeutic Proteins and Vaccines. Speakers will address this from the perspective of the science, scalability, and infrastructure.
- Ron Bates, PhD, Vice President, CMC Process Development and Technical Operations, Immunovant
- Matt DeLisa, PhD, Director, Cornell Institute of Biotechnology, Cornell University
- Sally Temple, PhD, Scientific Director, Neural Stem Cell Institute
- Julian Rosenberg, PhD, Associate Director, CBET, Session Chair
Following the speakers will be a panel entitled Technical Workforce of the Future and How to Create It Today. Panelists will discuss a variety of ideas related to the demands of the biomanufacturing industry and academic institutions’ response.
- John Balchunas, MS, Director Workforce Development Committee, The National Institute for Innovation in Manufacturing Biopharmaceuticals (NIIMBL) and Assistant Director, Prof. Dev. Programs, BTEC, NC State
- Derek Brand, Chief Operating Officer, NewYorkBIO
- Andreas Castan, PhD, Strategic Technology and Business Development Leader, Cytiva
- Kelly A. Cycon, PhD, Director of Virology, Antylia
- Matt DeLisa, PhD, Professor and Director, Cornell Institute of Biotechnology, Cornell University
- Ali Demirci, PhD, Professor-in-Charge, CSL Behring Fermentation Facility, Penn State University
- Kamal Rashid, PhD, Founding Director, CBET, Moderator
Gozzo Student Center room SC201 at Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences 106 New Scotland Ave, Albany, NY 12208