Lean Six Sigma Black Belt OnlineAdd to calendar
Tuesday, September 4, 2018 - Friday, December 21, 2018
Location: Rochester Institute of Technology
CQAS’s new online Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification program is designed for working professionals and builds upon Green Belt certification. You will become an expert in Lean Six Sigma prepared to drive process excellence throughout your organization. CQAS Black Belts are leaders, change agents, strategic thinkers, trusted coaches, expert resources, and vigilant project managers who lead complex high value projects that improve customer satisfaction and productivity.
CQAS Black Belts:
- Lead projects of significant value across multiple disciplines and organizations
- Drive multiple high-value projects simultaneously
- Lead organizational change
- Develop strategic direction with senior leadership and align projects with strategy
- Mentor Lean Six Sigma teams and coach Green and Yellow Belts
- Teach Lean Six Sigma topics as the in-house expert
CQAS’s Black Belt program is unique:
- Projects are integrated into the training so you actively apply tools and concepts directly to your own project. Your project will continue beyond formal training and will generate significant benefit to your organization, exponentially higher than the cost of training. Each project is mentored by a Lean Six Sigma expert from CQAS, and support continues through project completion.
- Designed to meet the needs of all business sectors. Emphasis is placed on tailoring learning to each student’s needs, while participant diversity provides opportunities to learn from one another through online discussions and project reviews.
- Emphasis goes beyond in-depth coverage of Lean Six Sigma tools to leadership and change management essential to driving a culture of performance excellence. Deep immersion and practice ensures that CQAS Black Belts live the methods and tools mastered, on a daily basis.
- Spread out over 16 weeks to facilitate project integration and applied learning. Online lectures and discussions afford flexibility to busy schedules, and periodic “live” (web-conferenced) project reviews offer direct feedback on each project.
- Instructors have deep expertise in their fields and work with you not only during the program but through completion of your project. CQAS is part of a major university and leverages expert and experienced faculty, Master Black Belts, and other professionals who are teachers, consultants, real-world problem solvers, respected speakers and authors.
Our online instructor-led delivery model is designed to provide you with flexibility to meet your other commitments while keeping you actively engaged with our expert instructors and other participants. Learning materials include pre-recorded lectures, articles and videos, exercises, and quizzes that you complete each week; online “discussion boards”; three “live” project review sessions scheduled in advance to offer direct feedback on all projects; and conference calls or web-conferences as needed.
You should plan to spend 6-8 hours each week on course materials, homework, discussions, and occasional project review sessions, and an additional 6-8 hours each week working on your project, holding team meetings, and preparing for tollgates.
Certification by CQAS as a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt requires the following:
- Successful completion of online training including all course materials and deliverables, participation in discussions and project reviews;
- Passing score (70) on the final exam;
- Completion of a Black Belt project including submission of a final report signed-off by your sponsor or other senior leader, within 2 years of training.
Our Black Belt certification program is also available as a customized contract program, which can be delivered to your organization in a “blended” format with both onsite elements and online components or offered fully online. Contact us for more information.
CQAS’s Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification program helps you generate superior data driven solutions, improved customer satisfaction, enhanced productivity, and significantly improved bottom-line results.