2018 Medical Device Innovation ChallengeAdd to calendar
Friday, April 6, 2018 - Friday, June 15, 2018
CNY Biotech Accelerator at Upstate
841 E. Fayette St., Syracuse, NY
2018 Medical Device Innovation Challenge
The Upstate MIND 2018 Medical Device Innovation Challenge Application period is now open. If you have a medical device innovation – whether an idea, a napkin drawing, a prototype - or you are an early stage startup company, you can apply.
Applications will be accepted through June 15, 2018. The Medical Device Innovation Challenge (MDIC) Review Committee will screen applications for the first pass where individuals/teams/startups will be invited to interview with 2 or more MDIC Review Committee members. A final selection will be made based on these interviews. A total of 5-7 individuals or companies will be selected to participate in this 6-month, highly intensive and resource-rich mentorship program.
New This Year – We will accept 1-2 virtual attendee participants in addition to the 3-5 on-site participants.
Selected participants will receive:
- Assignment of 2 targeted mentors to guide progress
- Free space in the Creation Garage at CNY Biotech Accelerator for 6-months starting August 1
- Fee-waive registrations to Concept to Commercialization Boot Camp and NEXT Innovation Commercialization Conference (www.next-syr.com) as well as other applicable programs
- Access to academic medical center researchers, students and core facilities
- On-site design software and equipment including a Stratsys 3D printer
- Assistance from extensive resources within the Syracuse Innovation Connector ecosystem
- Networking opportunities