Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
Ortho is known in the industry as a leader in customer service and support. Deeply understanding and exceeding the needs of our clinical lab, hospital and blood bank customers is what we do. It’s who we are. If you join Ortho, no matter what your role, you will be expected to keep that Customer Excellence focus in your work.
We are seeking a Technical Communications Specialist II to be located in Rochester, NY. This person will produce technical written communications used for projects assigned to department. Projects may include marketing tools, technical manuals, and presentations. May participate in special projects.
- Responsible for field and customer technical communications. Researches, creates, updates, and edits technical communications and documentation that explain Ortho products to customers and to Ortho technical support personnel, service personnel, and field support staff worldwide.
- Acquires or verifies knowledge of subject by consulting with subject matter experts, observing the performance of the product, or referring to articles, bulletins, manuals, or similar publications.
- Writes in a clear, concise, audience-appropriate manner, being mindful of writing for translation.
- Manages the review and approval process. Works toward achieving consensus between multiple reviewers/subject matter experts for document approval in a timely manner using live meetings or internet meeting applications such as Webex.
- Tracks the production and delivery of the communications and documentation according to predetermined schedules.
- Maintains appropriate supporting documentation according to government regulatory requirements and Ortho records management guidelines. Must be audit ready at all times.
- Participates on project teams. Must be a proven team player and self-motivated.
- A.A.S.required in Medical Technology or Communications or equivalent experience. Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Attention to detail a must.
- Skillful problem solver with investigative talents. Independent, resourceful.
- Excellent computer skills. Experience with word-processing software such as Microsoft Word, and adaptability to use of multiple workload, content management, and other software applications.
- Knowledge of Ortho products and business processes
- Experience in implementation of new products or product changes/updates a plus.
- Previous clinical laboratory experience, customer support or technical support a plus
- Organized, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize workload with minimal supervision. Comfortable working under tight deadlines.
- High level of professionalism. Able to represent the Publications & Communications department on cross functional teams and facilitate meetings. Comfortable interacting with upper levels of management.