Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
Ortho is known in the industry as a leader in customer service and support. Deeply understanding and exceeding the needs of our clinical lab, hospital and blood bank customers is what we do. It’s who we are. If you join Ortho, no matter what your role, you will be expected to keep that Customer Excellence focus in your work.
As we continue to grow, Ortho is seeking a Software Engineer 1 to work in our office in Rochester, NY.
This position is responsible for implementing software, and supporting software development processes and tools. This includes, but is not limited to, software requirements analysis, detailed design, build, implementation, and testing.
- Develops automated test software and scripts
- Performs development and unit testing of software
- Participates in Code Reviews, automated static code analyses and implements software improvements
- Works with more senior developer to implement software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Determines solutions by evaluating analyses and understanding problem definition, requirements and system architecture
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Achieves timely related results in alignment with goals.
- Must be capable of reliable and predictable attendance
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- Programming experience using structured languages
- Must have exceptional skills in the following areas: analyzing information, software design, software documentation, software testing, programming skills, software development fundamentals, software development process, software requirements, software architecture
- MS Computer Engineering, MS Computer Science
- Scripting Languages such as LUA, Perl or Python
- Experience in a rigorous regulatory environment
- Embedded real-time experience (desired)
- Formal Analysis and design experience such as Object-Oriented