Senior Software Engineer
||Monday, December 17, 2018
Basic Purpose of Position: Design, develop and test software contained within a complex medical device including communication software to support
interoperability. Work with other engineering disciplines (e.g., mechanical, electrical, system) to create new medical devices that meet product requirements. Execute tasks along the complete software development lifecycle including creating documents to support regulatory compliance. Communicate with customer and other team members to produce desired results.
Primary or Major Responsibilities:
- Support the customer in developing realistic and testable requirements for the product and its software. Learn about the medical area pertaining to the product including its significance.
- Develop sufficient working medical knowledge for the product under development.
- Design and architect solutions for a customer utilizing knowledge of development platforms, operating systems, networks, peripherals of general and
specific nature, software tools and applications. Mold initial concepts into a fully developed cohesive strategy for complete medical device.
- Integrate software components into fully functioning system including custom hardware.
- Develop and document unit tests to meet quality assurance requirements
- Perform software development, document creation and project review tasks as needed.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software releases.
- Communicate concisely and professionally regarding product designs and technical details. Provide regular status reports and updated estimates for completion.
- Use the Quality Management System to complete assignments along with following Sparton policies and procedures.
Comply with appropriate regulatory guidelines and industry standards.
- Apply hazard analysis, failure analysis, and risk mitigations as required within the development lifecycle.
- Travel as appropriate to support interactions with customer
- Ensure that all assignments are performed in compliance with all applicable Federal, State, Provincial and Company safety and health regulations, and where applicable, proper personal protective equipment is utilized.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer software related field of study. Advanced degree(s) a plus.
- Software design engineering experience from 7-12 years.
- Working knowledge and experience with C, C++ and C# programming languages.
- Experience and knowledge with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process. Experience with IEC 62304 a plus.
- Experience in medical product development environment a plus.
- Experience working under a documented Quality Management System (e.g., ISO 9001, ISO 13485) maintaining quality records
throughout project execution.
- Current experience with software development tools (compilers, IDE, debuggers, source code control, static code analyzers,
unit testing, defect tracking) a must.
- Experience with bare-metal, RTOS, and Linux embedded development platforms.
- Competent with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project.
- Experience in generating design documentation, ability to write technical reports, and provide cost and schedule estimates.
- Must show high initiative, motivation, and have the ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work within a team environment to accomplish goals.
Only local candidates will be considered at this time
Apply through the link below or email resume to Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org.
View All Career Opportunities »