Senior Research Scientist - Protein Expression & Conjugation
||Tuesday, November 20, 2018
||Albany Molecular Research, Inc. (AMRI)
AMRI provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Senior Research Scientist is an integral part of the AMRI team, contributing to our success by supporting our contract drug discovery research.
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients’ lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture.
In this role, you will:
- Perform hands-on laboratory work, such as molecular cloning, protein expression, protein purification and analysis independently.
- Develop new protein purification techniques and purification protocol for challenging targets.
- Manage and protein purification projects and lead junior scientist.
- Collaborate with internal drug discovery teams/areas.
- Keep updated laboratory records and generate experimental reports.
- Communicate to external collaborators or clients.
At least 5 years’ experience in protein purification, with knowledge and hand on experience in different protein purification techniques, such as refolding, affinity purification, IEX, SEC, and HIC.
Experience in operating FPLC or HPLC.
Experience in different expression systems such as bacterial, insect and mammalian cells.
Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
Ph.D., in Biochemistry or related field; or Master’s degree with 8 year working experience; or Bachelor’s degree with 10 year working experience.
Experience in structural biology.
Good reading, writing and presentation skills.
Client communication and project management skills.
View All Career Opportunities »