Scientist I- Formulation
||Thursday, February 18, 2021
||Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
As the company continues to grow, we are seeking a Scientist I- Formulation. The Scientist I- Formulation, as a member of a cross functional team, is responsible for formulating reagents for the development teams.
This position is located in Rochester, NY. This is primarily a day shift position but must be flexible to adjust your schedule to meet project timelines.
- Supports laboratory procedures to create formulations intended for use in the development of new in vitro diagnostic products using established protocols and SOPs.
- Assists in maintaining accurate records of work performed in accordance with cGMP and the procedures outlined in the Quality System
- Utilizes Design of Experiments (DOE) and other statistical software to analyze experimental data, as directed
- Work closely with other manufacturing support areas to coordinate activities.
- Maintain equipment in proper working order.
- Maintain individual training records.
- Follow safety procedures and practices.
- Maintain a clean, orderly work environment.
- Communicate problems to team lead and/or supervisor and works closely with peers within small teams.
- Works with computer-controlled equipment and processes.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds.
- An associate or bachelor’s degree in science.
- A minimum of 1-year experience in a formulation lab environment is required. Basic understanding of laboratory skills and techniques (i.e. weighing, pipette use, volumetric measure, etc.) are required.
- Ability to write, review and modify procedures, prepare solution instructions and lab documents.
- Familiarity with safe chemical and biological handling required.
- Good understanding of basic algebra, basic statistics, and basic laboratory data evaluation & interpretation is a plus.
- Strong understanding of metric units and how to convert between scales (i.e. g to kg to mg) is a plus.
- Must have basic knowledge of Microsoft office (e.g. word, excel, PowerPoint).
- Dependability and strong organization skills required.
- Experience working on cross functional teams within a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a logical manner to meet deadlines and schedules is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are desired.
- Comfortable working with hazardous materials.
View All Career Opportunities »