Scientist I- Coatings
||Thursday, February 18, 2021
||Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
As the company continues to grow, we are seeking a Scientist I- Coatings. The Scientist I- Coatings, as a member of a cross functional team, is responsible for manufacturing coated consumables used in assay development.
This position will be located in Rochester, NY. It will primarily an day shift position but must be flexible to adjust their schedule to meet project timelines.
- Supports laboratory procedures creating novel well coatings intended for use in the development of in vitro diagnostic products using established protocols and SOPs.
- Assists in maintaining accurate records of work performed in accordance with cGMP and the procedures outlined in the Quality System.
- Utilizes Design of Experiments (DOE) and other statistical software to analyze experimental data, as directed.
- Work closely with other manufacturing support areas to coordinate activities.
- Maintain equipment in proper working order.
- Maintain individual training records.
- Follow safety procedures and practices.
- Maintain a clean, orderly work environment.
- Communicate problems to team lead, supervisor, development team lead and work closely with peers within small teams.
- Works with computer-controlled equipment and processes.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds.
- An Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in related science or engineering field is preferred.
- A minimum of 1-year experience in a lab environment is required. Basic understanding of laboratory skills and techniques (i.e. weighing, pipette use, volumetric measure, etc.) are required. Experience with coating processes is a plus.
- Ability to write, review and modify procedures and prepare instructions and other lab documents.
- Familiarity with safe chemical and biological handling required.
- Good understanding of basic algebra, basic statistics, and basic laboratory data evaluation & interpretation preferred.
- Strong understanding of metric units and how to convert between scales (i.e. g to kg to mg) is preferred.
- Must have basic knowledge of Microsoft office (e.g. word, excel, PowerPoint).
- Dependability and strong organization skills required.
- Experience working on cross functional teams within a manufacturing or development environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a logical manner to meet deadlines and schedules is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are desired.
- Comfortable working with hazardous materials.
View All Career Opportunities »