R&D Mechanical Engineer I
||Tuesday, June 18, 2019
With a history of innovation dating back to 1973, CONMED has a broad portfolio of critical care and patient monitoring products that deliver the right balance of quality and cost for patient's clinical and economic outcomes. We are seeking a R&D Mechanical Engineer I to join the Cardiology and Critical Care R&D team, based in Utica, NY, to work on new product development and sustaining engineering activities for this product portfolio. This engineer will have immediate opportunities to contribute in a fast paced and hands on environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the development of new and existing product specifications and requirements based on design input requirements, in collaboration with the project engineer.
- Write technical reports, risk management documents, VOC summaries, test protocols and design input and output documents.
- Create detailed 3D CAD models and drawings of mechanical components and assemblies.
- Perform sustaining engineering activities including problem troubleshooting, root cause analysis, investigations, and resolving part obsolescence issues.
- Interface with cross-functional groups such as QA, Operations, Marketing and Regulatory Affairs as needed for new product development and sustaining projects.
- Develop and perform verification and validation testing for new product development.
- Support design engineering team in building prototypes, test fixtures and tooling.
- Work with external testing laboratories on compliance testing for new products and sustaining engineering activities.
- Perform evaluations of potential OEM or competitors' products.
- Maintain calibration of lab equipment.
- Conduct tolerance and mechanical analysis.
- Coordinate with suppliers regarding detail prints and component specifications.
- Authors and or assists in the creation of new test methods and protocols.
- Develop fixturing/instrumentation to execute tests.
- Bachelors degree in mechanical or biomedical engineering.
- Proficient with 3-D CAD software such as SolidWorks or equivalent.
- Understands basic laws of physics and possesses a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering design.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient with SolidWorks PDM -- a plus.
- Proficient with Windchill PLM - a plus.
View All Career Opportunities »