Press Operator - Roll to Roll - Digital - 2nd/3rd Shift
||Thursday, May 16, 2019
At Tapecon, our purpose is to solve application challenges that enhance people’s lives.
We solve the application challenges of our customers to improve their products. We combine science and application expertise to deliver solutions for our customers. Our purpose helps deliver solutions that matter and enhance people’s lives.
We are able to combine our knowledge, capabilities, and service to create a wide range of products custom-tailored to fit each customer’s needs, and we have been doing it since 1919.
Tapecon’s Core Values are:
- Learning is a Lifestyle
- Embrace the Challenge
- Improve It
- Connect and Collaborate
Tapecon offers competitive pay, medical insurance and other excellent benefits, as well as 401(k) and Profit Sharing.
We are looking for Digital Press Operator for our off shift.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow procedures outlined in Tapecon’s ISO 9001 documentation.
- Follow all Safety, Security, and 5S/Housekeeping procedures.
- Read and follow Tapecon’s Quality Plan and any provided specs/blueprints, verifying dimensions and attributes as needed.
- Perform daily start-up/shut down tasks.
- Perform daily preventative maintenance procedures.
- Handle and inspect material per ISO procedures.
- Set up and run jobs on the Xeikon 3300:
- Utilize pre-press software platform for troubleshooting, loading media for jobs, checking settings and levels, and any other necessary tasks.
- Splice and load new media.
- Run tests to evaluate print quality and equipment settings.
- Calibrate press and related equipment as needed.
- Use densitometer to check density and LAB readings.
- Achieve proper print quality and maintain per customer specifications
- Inspect product for non-conformances during press run.
- Check for print register and maintain throughout press run.
- Enter Data Collection for all processes.
- Deliver printed job to next process upon completion.
- Background in printing technology (preferably pre-press or graphic design)
- Familiarity with densitometry
- Proficient in computer use and navigation
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrate analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Mechanical aptitude.
- High school diploma or GED; some college preferred.
- Ability to read blueprints or specs
- Self-motivated and willing to learn
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a “U.S. Person”, defined in 22 CFR 120.15 as “A person who is a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C 1101(a)(20) or who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).”
This includes U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, refugees and those given asylum in the United States, and temporary residents granted amnesty.
- Considerable amount of movement required
- Lifting up to 75 pounds
- Able to sit, stand or bend for extended periods of time
- 20/20 vision or corrected
- Ability to distinguish colors
View All Career Opportunities »