Press Operator - Roll to Roll
||Thursday, July 26, 2018
Responsible for set up and running of presses while maintaining print quality per customers’ specifications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow procedures outlined in Tapecon’s ISO documentation.
- Follow all Safety and Housekeeping procedures.
- Coordinate with materials handler on large runs for material handling issues.
- Read and follow Tapecon’s Quality Plan and blueprints
- Handle and inspect material per ISO procedures.
- Set up presses per procedure for 1 to 6 colors
- Use densitometer to achieve color OK per Quality Plan.
- Achieve proper print quality and maintain per customer specifications.
- Inspect product for non-conformances during press run.
- Check for print register and maintain throughout press run.
- Flag defects on roll when possible during run.
- Perform a wash up process at end of each print run.
- Start up and enter data into Data Collection for all processes.
- Label any unprinted material and return to Material Handling Department
- Deliver printed job to next process upon completion.
- Responsible for inks, plates and materials used for setup.
- High school diploma or GED
- 3 years’ experience running flexographic presses (Mark Andy and or Webtron)
- Good mathematical or calculation skills (for measurement)
- Ability to read blueprints desirable
- Reading ability (to understand work order)
- Team oriented
- Self-motivated and willing to learn
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good attention to detail
- Graphic arts or printing background helpful
- Must be a “U.S. Person”, defined in 22 CFR 120.15 as “A person who is a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C 1101(a)(20) or who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).”
- This includes U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, refugees and those given asylum in the United States, and temporary residents granted amnesty.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Considerable amount of movement required
- Lifting up to 75 pounds
- Sit, stand or bend for extended periods of time
- 20/20 vision or corrected
- Ability to distinguish colors
- Busy manufacturing environment.
- Subject to temperature extremes.
- Plant is often noisy with aromatic odors.
View All Career Opportunities »