The Materials Manager is responsible for leading the on-time delivery improvement efforts around direct short lead time, distributor ordering behaviors, and work with Customer Service, S&OP, Manufacturing, and Commercial teams. This role owns the identification and resolution of DC (Distribution Center / Warehouse) Process Errors. Additionally, the Materials Manager is responsible for managing KPI of key issues in Late Supply with Purchasing, and Planning/Manufacturing teams for focused action to identify cost effective, short term opportunities to close these gaps through Distribution, Freight, and Inventory model adjustments while working with Supply Chain and Operations team to implement sustainable value stream improvements.
- Lead and manage the facility purchasing / planning / shipping / receiving / warehouse teams to ensure OTD (customer satisfaction) while supporting / optimizing working capital / costs / inventory turns.
- Serve as site lead for inventory & supplier OTD & overall supplier scorecard (KPI).
- Liaise with S&OP process as single point of contact for revenue & past due backlog forecasting and variance problem solving.
- Lead and manage the site's overall supply chain optimization to ensure high levels of OTD while continuing to optimize inventory turns and costs.
- Provide direct leadership to the purchasing / planning / shipping / receiving / warehouse teams as well as assume dotted line, process focused responsibility for the factory planners (reporting solid line to Value Stream Leaders & Focus Factory Managers).
- Establish goals, monitor and manage performance related to KPIs.
- Work with Strategic Procurement / Sourcing to ensure yearly PPV and PPV funnel building goals are met.
- Support the site by providing a single point of contact for tactical, systems, and supply chain process issues.
- Work with planning, fulfillment, and commercial teams to identify and resolve OTD root causes to improve OTD and reduce past dues.
- Act as the lead contact for providing weekly updates on key orders and expedite needs from the plant, Past Due's status, and past-due projections through alignment with Manufacturing.
- Leads the materials systems and Supply Chain team in optimization of inventory levels within the site through the implementation of materials processes.
- Ensure stockouts / backorders / backlogs remain healthy, and within the established inventory levels (raw / WIP / FG) by establishing the correct inventory levels at all times. Support root cause analysis of variances when they are not.
- Proactively identify systemic and process challenges to maintaining health in order to mitigate risk. Aligns the S&OP, materials systems, supply chain teams on model changes and requirements.
- Drive to root cause of the processes that create Excess and Obsolete inventory, and without Demand, while supporting initiatives to cost effectively disposition these materials.
- Identify, align, and support initiatives to improve the velocity, cost, and working capital from point of manufacture to customer delivery.
- Evaluate stocking locations, distribution channels, and freight methodology to improve OTD performance.
- Monitor master data and planning performance and execution.
- Partner to identify and drive improvements in importation and forwarding methods to eliminate touch points to reduce total lead time and cost.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business, or Engineering, preferred.
- 3+ years' experience in the management of Supply Chain or related activities to include +1 year of multi-site SIOP/S&OP/PSI leadership, required.
- 3+ years' experience managing components of a complex supply chain.
- Strong Excel skills required
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and deliver tactical results through people and parties not in direct reporting lines, and effectively work through cross-functional teams to drive process improvements.
- Effective in the use of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint applications.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, with a solid track record of developing positive customer relationships.
- Highly detail oriented with strong statistical, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- APICS or ISM certification (CPIM, CSCP or equivalent), highly preferred