Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, atopic dermatitis, pain, and infectious diseases.
Summary: The Sourcing Manager will be responsible for developing, managing and implementing sourcing strategies, in conjunction with the IOPS IT organization. This will include support of all facets of IT Hardware, Software and Service, and other categories to be assigned. The Sourcing Manager must be able to engage technically, operationally, and commercially to understand and enable speed, high quality performance, supply assurance, and risk mitigation. Communication with a broad stakeholder group is critical for this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Develops and manages vendor relationships and issue resolution of moderate to high complexity, supports stakeholder teams in resolution of supplier performance issues and drives a culture of continuous improvement.
• Collaborates with internal stakeholders and external suppliers to implement and manage efficient and effective supplier relationships.
• Proactively drives strategic sourcing activities in collaboration with stakeholders.
• Champions Strategic Sourcing & Procurement initiatives across the company.
• Assists internal stakeholders to identify and implement opportunities/processes to influence improvement in service, quality, delivery, and cost and optimal payment terms.
• Runs strategic sourcing activities and negotiates contracts using established tools and technologies to drive efficient and timely outcomes.
• Educates end-users on Procurement policies and procedures through daily interactions.
• Acts as a project lead as part of a team on various projects to ensure Procurement goals are met.
• Leads supplier governance committees.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Strong category management experience and skills which include conducting opportunity analysis, supplier competitive landscape, developing bid lists, evaluate proposals, supplier selection, supplier management, process optimization and execution of commercial agreements.
• Strong contract management and negotiation skills.
• Ability to influence and lead others, provide direction to team members at all levels.
• Advanced problem solving skills in a team environment.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and leverage experience and available information to guide decision making.
• Strong oral & written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task.
• Ability to build consensus and work cross-functionally as the area representative.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and guidance.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA, CPM or CPSM desired.
• Requires minimum 7 years of strategic sourcing and category management experience; a focus on IT strategic sourcing and category management strongly preferred.
• Supplier Relationship Management experience required.
• Experience with Sourcing Contracting, ERP, eRFX systems preferred (e.g. Oracle, Zycus, GEP, Ariba, etc.).
• Previous leadership experience preferred.
• Experience in pharmaceutical, biotech, or other regulated industry strongly preferred.
• Global experience highly desirable.
**Title level will be determined based on experience relevant to the role.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.