Maintenance Operator - 2nd/3rd Shift
||Thursday, May 16, 2019
At Tapecon, our purpose is to solve application challenges that enhance people’s lives.
We solve the application challenges of our customers to improve their products. We combine science and application expertise to deliver solutions for our customers. Our purpose helps deliver solutions that matter and enhance people’s lives.
We are able to combine our knowledge, capabilities, and service to create a wide range of products custom-tailored to fit each customer’s needs, and we have been doing it since 1919.
Tapecon’s Core Values are:
- Learning is a Lifestyle
- Embrace the Challenge
- Improve It
- Connect and Collaborate
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow any applicable procedures outlined in Tapecon’s ISO documentation.
- Follow all Safety and Housekeeping procedures.
- Rewind and inspect or finish (which may be, but not limited to such things as fan folding, sorting, counting, packaging, etc.)
- Finish master rolls of printed labels or continuous rolls of printed webs by placing them on various equipment used for rewind/finishing inspection and reduce these rolls down to convenient sizes as specified by the production order.
- Remove any and all defects as proscribed by written specifications and or samples on the production order or quality control.
- Perform and all duties as scheduled by the Supervisor or Team Lead or the rewind-finishing schedule that are the responsibility of the product finishing team which comprise the Digital, Packaging and Shipping Departments.
- Maintain all equipment in a clean and safe manner.
- High School diploma or GED
- Three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints.
- Mechanically Inclined
- Candidates should be able to determine finished roll lengths by number of labels or length by the Metric and US systems. Ability to measure with ruler (English to 1/64th, Metric to ½ mm, Hundredths)
- Adequate reading skills are required to read and understand written instructions located on production order forms.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively present information to one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standard situations
- Familiarity with calipers and rulers (or trainable in such)
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be a “U.S. Person”, defined in 22 CFR 120.15 as “A person who is a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C 1101(a)(20) or who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).”
- This includes U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, refugees and those given asylum in the United States, and temporary residents granted amnesty
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, bend and stoop
- Regularly required to communicate
- High energy level; considerable movement required in busy department
- Extensive use of hands and wrists
- Vision for details
- Both busy office and manufacturing environment
- Subject to temperature extremes
- May be noisy, damp or muggy with aromatic odors
View All Career Opportunities »