Global Benefits manager is responsible to create the strategic foundation of CONMED's benefit program to drive engagement, retention and employee satisfaction. They will be responsible for leading the administration of employee benefits in all company operations through building a dedication benefits team. As needed, this position provides special guidance and assistance to all locations on various employee benefit plans. Benefits manager surveys industry and/or community to determine company's competitive position in employee benefits. This position develops, recommends and installs approved, new or modified plans and employee benefits policies and supervises administration of existing plans. This position develops cost control procedures to assure maximum coverage at the least possible cost to company and employee.
- Responsible for developing the strategic direction of the benefits organization within CONMED to drive employee engagement, retention and satisfaction
- Hire, develop, lead and engage a dedicated benefits team
- Administer employee benefits programs such as retirement plans; medical, dental, vision plans; life insurance plans; temporary disability programs; and wellness programs. This position manages all benefits staff and is responsible for the performance management and training of all team members
- Evaluate and compare existing company benefits with those of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys and other sources of information. Plan, develop and/or participate in area and industry surveys. Analyze results of surveys and develop specific recommendations for review by management.
- Develop specifications for new plans or modify existing plans to:
*Maintain company's competitive position in labor market, and
*Obtain uniform benefits package for all company locations, where possible.
- Recommend classes of eligible employees for new or modified plans. Develop census data and solicit insurance companies for quotations. Evaluates quotation and make recommendations to management. Develop company cost information for new plans and make premium cost share recommendations to management.
- Install approved new plans or changes to existing plans by preparing announcement materials, plan summary documents and other media for communicating plans to employees. Conduct employee meetings and arrange for enrollment. Advise and counsel management and employees on existing benefits.
- Prepare and execute, with legal consultation, benefits documentation, such as original and amended plan texts, benefit agreements and insurance policies. Instruct insurance carriers, trustees and other administrative agencies outside the company to effect changes in benefits program. Ensure prompt and accurate compliance.
- Assure company compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act and the Affordable Care Act. Supervise preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies. Review and analyze changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits, and report necessary or suggested changes to management. Coordinate company benefits with government-sponsored programs.
- Develop benefits information and statistical and census data for actuaries, insurance carriers and management.
- Handle benefits inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution.
- Supervise maintenance of enrollment and claims records for all benefits plans.