Field Applications Engineer
||Wednesday, August 21, 2019
||Thermo Fisher Scientific
||U.S. - Remote
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
As a Field Applications Engineer you will be supporting Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Cascadion SM Clinical Analyzers in the US. You will support our customers, clinical studies sites, beta and evaluation sites from an applications standpoint.
What will you do?
- Install LC-MS methods on Cascadion SM analyzers.
- Provide technical support to customers and sales representatives both onsite and remotely.
- Perform product demonstrations.
- Provide product training to customers, sales representatives and other staff.
- Ensure onsite technical support coverage for North America.
- Support sales in customer retention and securing new business.
- Troubleshoot and resolve customers’ technical problems both onsite and remotely.
- Assist sales representatives in the sales process, e.g. customer product evaluations.
- Represent the company at trade shows and conferences.
- Act independently to determine the appropriate methods and procedures for new assignments
Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or equivalent work experience.
- 2 to 5 plus years related clinical laboratory experience or technical support is preferred.
- Experience in Liquid Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Willing to travel up to 85% of the time and on short notice.
- Ability to work independently with good administrative and time management skills.
- Must have good organizational and communication skills.
- Customer centric.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Proficient in using EP Elevator software program.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and assignments.
- Must be a flexible team player with a “can do" attitude.
- Must be able to lift/move up to 25 lbs. minimally
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
View All Career Opportunities »