CONMED is seeking an Environmental Health and Safety Manager for our New York facility. While we are seeking someone with expert knowledge of applicable regulations, we are also seeking someone who can promote engagement and culture of safety by involving employees at all levels. At CONMED, we believe providing for the health and safety of our employees and environment is the right thing to do. We genuinely care!
This position will lead and facilitate the Environmental, Health and Safety, (EH&S) programs and processes necessary to ensure compliance with all regulations as promulgated by but not limited to, corporate, Federal (USEPA, USDOT, USDOL, USDHS), state (NYSDEC, NYSDOL, NYSDOH), and local agencies. Responsible for maintaining programs in compliance with the requirements of the International Standards Organization (ISO) 14001 and 45001. This position manages of effective case management of injured employees including disability and Workers' Compensation and represents the company in relation to outside agencies and internal customers. Provide assistance and support to manufacturing operations and plant engineer.
- Guidance -- Use leadership and management skills to direct personnel at all levels. Most significant, is the ability to lead employees at all levels, including Senior Management, Supervisors, staff, customers and suppliers. It is important to create an atmosphere of understanding that encourages input from others to solve issues in a group setting that will ultimately lead to the success of the department and business.
- Vision -- Being able to envision the wider global effects of EH&S on the function and daily business of the Corporation. This vision includes the values and goals of the corporation along with the changes and trends of the ever-growing interdependent world in which we all live. Communication of those global impacts to Senior Management is important in remaining competitive in the world marketplace.
- Environment -- To achieve compliance and create an atmosphere of understanding among all employees of their contribution in maintaining environmental quality at the workplace and in the community. Creating added value to environmental compliance by initiating joint initiatives that will aid in the reduction of product cost through effective environmental accounting practices.
- Communication and Training -- Awareness and understanding of the workforce of their rights and responsibilities' is important to foster the atmosphere of growth within the Corporation. Training helps to provide the learning and understanding of what is expected of a position or job function. In an EH&S role the ability to communicate the requirements through training programs and other message methods is critical to development of understanding.
- Bachelor degree in Environment Health and Safety or similar degree.
- Minimum 5+ years experience in the environment, heath and or safety field.
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills are a must.
- Prior knowledge in all aspects of environment, health and safety for an industrial operation required. Previous experience with management, accounting, lean manufacturing and human behavior is desirable. Understanding and experience with ISO 14001 and 45001 as well as Lean Manufacturing practices is also a plus.