Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
Ortho is known in the industry as a leader in customer service and support. Deeply understanding and exceeding the needs of our clinical lab, hospital and blood bank customers is what we do. It’s who we are. If you join Ortho, no matter what your role, you will be expected to keep that Customer Excellence focus in your work.
We are looking for a user-experience designer who is able to understand our business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. The user-experience designer will also be expected to define the behavior of the product and assist with the overall implementation of the product function, in order to ensure a great user experience.
- Facilitate Ortho’s vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for our products
- Research and identify user stories, user journeys and design problems
- Create product concepts and intuitive prototypes
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test ideas with users; iterate your designs based on feedback.
- Design and deliver wireframes, style and behavior documents and final solutions optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- One or more years of UX design experience. Bachelor’s Degree in New Media Design, Human-Centered Computing, or New Media Development; Master’s Degree in Human-Computer Interaction or equivalent combination of education and experience in Interaction Design. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing for medical devices.
- Ability to work independently and within teams to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet customer needs and Ortho’s vision.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, α/β testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and users.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation.
- Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Capable of travel up to 25%
- Some non-traditional availability will be required (i.e. customer dinners)