As the company continues to grow, we are seeking an Embedded Software Engineer in Rochester, NY. This position is responsible for developing software, and supporting software development processes and tools. This includes, but is not limited to, requirements development, design, build, implementation, and testing.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Consistently demonstrations the mission, values and operating principles of Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
- Must be capable of reliable and predictable attendance
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering
- C/C++ Programming experience
- Must have exceptional skills in the following areas: analyzing information, software design, software documentation, software testing, programming skills, software development fundamentals, software development process, software requirements, software architecture
- Experience in a rigorous regulatory environment
- Embedded real-time experience (desired)
- Formal Analysis and design experience such as Object-Oriented
- Work visa sponsorship is not available for this position