Clinical Business Development Specialist
||Thursday, March 7, 2019
Outstanding opportunity with the growing physical rehabilitation division of an established, global company. The Clinical Business Development Specialist (CBDS) will utilize their rehabilitation expertise, influence and presentation skills to contribute to the Division’s sales targets through growth of new customers and clinical knowledge development of sales team.
The CBDS will be responsible for the following:
- Act as a clinical liaison between Gorbel® and current & prospective customers.
- Train new customers on company products and educate current customers on clinical treatment options to drive utilization.
- Attend national and regional trade shows to promote company products.
- Communicate with prospective customers remotely and in-person to deliver product in-services and drive sales.
- Play an instrumental role in new business development by being an important resource to the sales team. Through training programs, coaching and presence at key meetings/presentations, contribute to the development and success of both inside and outside sales teams.
- Identify and assess enhancements for the current portfolio and new product opportunities. Targets include inpatient rehabilitation facilities, rehabilitation hospitals, hospital-based and private practice outpatient clinics, skilled nursing facilities, VA’s and fitness facilities. As a growing division, we are looking for a candidate who can help drive sales by leveraging their clinical knowledge with selling skills.
- Utilize strong rehabilitation clinical knowledge to support sales, marketing, innovation and product development teams
- Attend key sales appointments with field sales representatives
- Cultivate leads through remote product in-services
- Demonstrate competence in assessing learning needs and drive utilization of the product portfolio through the development and delivery of training and educational programs
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clinicians, decision makers, influencers and administrators
- Utilize rehabilitation expertise to help implement sales training programs, contribute to the development of marketing collateral and identify future product development opportunities
- Develop and maintain expertise in company and competitive products
- Build the clinical case for Gorbel Rehabilitation products by working with current customers to create case studies and research projects.
- Maintain knowledge of state & federal laws and regulations governing physical and occupational therapy in addition to reimbursement rules and methods affecting the space.
- Ability to travel up to 30% as required to support customers and the Rehabilitation business
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred. Must have a valid clinical license as a PT or OT
- Excellent customer service, presentation, interpersonal, communication and training skills
- Adept at delivering both remote and in-person presentations to individuals and groups of therapists and clinicians
- Possess strong business acumen
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Able to travel 30%
- Experience conducting trainings preferred
- Experience writing clinical and case studies preferred
- Medical device sales (high preference for PT/OT products) preferred
Work Environment: Gorbel Rehabilitation is a start-up division of the well-established Gorbel, Inc. based in Victor, New York. We have transferred over 40 years of lifting and fall protection expertise into the development of the most advanced gait and mobility training systems in the world. Preference is for the individual in this role to be located within commuting distance to Victor, NY, but a remote position will be considered for a well-qualified candidate. Integrity, positive people in a positive environment and providing an extraordinary customer experience are foundational to the organization’s core values. Results are measured equally with behaviors and there is an expectation for all employees to contribute improvements to business operations. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with entrepreneurial spirits who enjoy fast pace, varied work activities and are dedicated to improving people’s lives in a collaborative, fun environment.
To apply for this position, please complete an employment application and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
View All Career Opportunities »