Associate Manager, Cost Accounting
||Friday, May 21, 2021
We are currently looking to fill an Associate Manager-Cost Accounting position with a 1st shift, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm schedule. Regeneron successfully manufactures a range of biopharmaceuticals for patients worldwide, including our approved therapeutic proteins and those involved in clinical studies. Our accounting position is an exciting and strategic role touching all aspects of manufacturing accounting with an emphasis in standard costing, global inventory related transactions, and inter-company activities.
As Associate Manager-Cost Accounting, a typical day might include the following:
- Ensuring accurate cost accounting for the Company’s clinical and commercial drug products that are manufacturing at the Company’s Rensselaer, New York location
- Drive critical initiatives and projects to help improve effectiveness and efficiency of reporting and processes, including, but not limited to, automation of journal entries, reports, etc.
- Assist in intercompany inventory transaction reconciliation and review
- Champion projects to achieve accurate costed bill of materials on all molecules/inventory
- Assist in preparing standard costs for OPM (Oracle Process Manufacturing) including materials, labor, and overhead
- Lead accounting for variances, including simplification and automation of processes, where appropriate
- Develop and maintain a process for “on-boarding” new manufactured products/inventory locations/business collaborations/contract manufacturing organizations
- Establish and lead a robust design for pre-close inventory activities
- Manage cycle count and annual physical inventory program
- Manage SOX internal control processes. Work directly with internal and external auditors
- Develop KPI reporting process for historical and trending standard cost comparisons
- Analyze, prepare, and/or supervise preparation of inventory data for monthly close
- Collect and summarize data from cost accounting systems
- Analyzes, reconciles, and prepares journal entries for inventory transactions
- Reporting/track inventory levels through the various components of the supply chain
- Preparation of various account analyses and supporting schedules for management review in connection with monthly close
This role might be for you if you have:
- Inventory accounting experience in a manufacturing and/or biotech/pharma environment
- Experience with Oracle OPM.
To be considered for the position of Associate Manager – Cost Accounting you must be willing and able to work 1st shift, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm and have the following:
- Requires BS/BA in Accounting or related field with a minimum of 10+ years of strong cost accounting
- General accounting experience
- CPA a plus
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
View All Career Opportunities »