Scientist - Microbiology
||Wednesday, November 9, 2022
We offer a sign on bonus, comprehensive benefits package (medical/dental/vision/401k/PTO) and the opportunity to broaden your experience working with top level medical device and pharmaceutical clients to improve the quality of life for patients and consumers around the world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The responsibilities with respect to performing tests and/or calibrations:
- Perform sample log-in, inspection, test status and billing
- Conduct routine testing as defined by work instructions and SOPs
- Support complex processes and procedures.
- Document work and analyze data using basic statistical tests
- Identify and determine the disposition of non-conforming product
The responsibilities with respect to the planning of tests and evaluation of results:
- Prepare, review, and approve GMP and GLP protocols and reports
- Review and approve data generated by other operations personnel
The responsibilities for reporting opinions and interpretations:
- Provide basic interpretation of routine analytical data
The responsibilities with respect to method modification and development and validation of new methods:
- Develop, validate and document new methods
- Supervise or direct assigned technicians on a project basis
- May directly supervise one or more employees in Operations. Responsibilities may include assisting with interviewing, training employees, directing work and appraising performance.
- Develop and write work instructions and SOPs
- Identify problems with routine processes as well as those outside of standard iuvo BioScience training
- Provide and implement solutions to problems encountered
- Initiate and implement preventative and corrective actions
- Requisition and approve purchase of raw materials and supplies
- Perform tasks delegated by management with appropriate supervision
- Evaluate equipment and resource requirements
- Maintain laboratory including assigned equipment maintenance and calibrations
- All other tasks as assigned by management
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in science. With three to five years of prior experience. Ability to read, understand and operate laboratory equipment. Skill with laboratory techniques.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and programs specific to the lab tools and instrumentation.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures. Ability to write reports, correspondence, and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions. Ability to speak effectively to employees of the organization. Ability to interpret results and communications in writing.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry and statistics.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Must be able to schedule tasks, organize time and plan work effectively.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
View All Career Opportunities »