Global Surgical Robot Markets Poised for Rapid Growth — 5 Key Trends
Tuesday, May 26, 2015
Source: Becker's Spine Review
The use of surgical robots is becoming increasingly popular and the estimated growth of the surgical robot markets reflect as much, according to a new report from RnRMarketResearch.com.
Here are five key trends:
- The surgical robot device markets are anticipated to reach $20 billion by 2021.
- The markets were valued at $3.2 billion in 2014.
- Worldwide the markets are poised to grow significantly as next generation systems provide a way to improve traditional open surgery and enhance minimally invasive surgery.
- Major players in the market include Intuitive Surgical, Accuray, Stryker/Mako and Accel Spine.
- The leading robotic surgical companies are poised to grow through acquisition, purchasing smaller companies that have developed a specialized product and gained FDA approval.