Finalists Selected for Tiger Tank 2016
Tuesday, April 5, 2016
Source: Rochester Business Journal
Student entrepreneurs from Rochester Institute of Technology pitch their business ideas to local investors Wednesday in Tiger Tank 2016.
The annual competition is a chance for students to launch their products or businesses.
Five student teams were selected from more than 60 proposals to compete for $4,750 in cash prizes and up to $160,000 in scholarships for graduate studies at RIT’s Saunders College of Business.
The team finalists are:
- AWARE—a fatigue detection and alert system designed to combat drowsy driving;
- Band Toy—a series of interactive instruments designed to stimulate the senses of children with low motor coordination skills through the use of textures, sounds, vibrations and light patterns;
- Chemistry for a Cause—an inexpensive and non-invasive method for the detection of cancer;
- Intelli-Thread—a tool designed to aid in the inspection of tapped holes, or holes produced with a thread in the side of the hole; and
- Wind-on-Water (WoW) Energy Systems—it provides renewable energy and sustainable services to any location that has an offshore body of water large enough to fit its platform.