Carestream’s New DRX-Evolution Plus System Adds Innovative Features to Proven Digital Radiography Platform
Sunday, March 1, 2015
Carestream Health’s newest DRX imaging system—the CARESTREAM DRX-Evolution Plus—adds several major software and hardware enhancements to meet the changing radiology needs and budgets of healthcare providers worldwide. Carestream has steadily expanded the capabilities of the DRX-Evolution platform since it was introduced and the new DRX-Evolution Plus will begin shipping later this year. The system’s modular components, including fully automated systems, have gained wide
acceptance among radiology professionals in leading hospitals and clinics.
The new DRX-Evolution Plus offers:
- A sleek new design with LED lighting for enhanced functionality and aesthetics
- Greater flexibility in high-ceiling rooms via an extended tube column
- A new high performance generator designed by Carestream
- An optional table to accommodate patients up to 705 pounds (320 Kg); and
- Forward-looking design specifications to embrace future advanced imaging applications from Carestream as they become available.
“The DRX-Evolution has earned the trust of radiology professionals around the world, largely due to continuous improvements in functionality that help technologists quickly and easily capture complex exams that previously required greater effort,” said Helen Titus, Carestream’s Worldwide Marketing Director for X-ray Solutions and Ultrasound. “We have developed more new software features that can boost productivity and enhance the visualization of anatomy, while simultaneously helping to reduce radiation dose.”
Advanced capabilities of the DRX-Evolution Plus include:
- An innovative wall stand Bucky-angulation feature that expedites cross table and other complex X-ray exams
- Tube touch screen that allows a technologist to change techniques and view images from the tube
- Pediatric capabilities including automatic technique and image processing for seven pediatric body size categories
- Bone suppression software for optimized viewing of soft tissue
- Fast, secure log-in process using RFID badges
- A transbay option that enables fast tube movement across multiple trauma bays, which helps expedite treatment while minimizing movement of critically ill or injured patients
- Automatic acquisition and stitching for long-length and supine imaging exams; and
- IHE Dose Reporting to facilitate data sharing with a facility’s dose management system.
DRX-Evolution Plus Offers Modular Components
The DRX-Evolution Plus also offers modular components and configurations and supports a choice of three DRX detectors, including two cesium iodide detectors (35 x 43 cm and 25 x 30 cm) for high-quality imaging. For maximum productivity, the DRX-Evolution Plus can be configured with a 43 x 43 cm fixed detector in the wall stand, and one or two additional wireless
detectors that can be used for table Bucky and tabletop exams.
The CARESTREAM DRX-Evolution Plus is a versatile digital radiography system that can perform a wide range of general radiographic exams with remarkable convenience, productivity and patient comfort. Like other members of the company’s innovative family of DRX systems, the DRX-Evolution Plus is based on Carestream’s X-Factor design that enables each DRX
detector to work with all other DRX systems within a provider’s environment.