Carestream Researchers Net 66 U.S. Patents in 2014
Monday, January 26, 2015
Source: Rochester Business Journal
Carestream Health Inc. researchers earned 66 U.S. patents last year, Carestream officials said Thursday.
Areas in which the medical imaging company’s scientists and engineers were awarded patents by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in 2014 include:
- patient data and medical imaging software and information technology systems;
- medical imaging image quality;
- dental imaging and image processing equipment and software and dental restoration systems;
- digital X-ray image printing systems;
- conductive films for flexible touch panel displays used in digital wrist devices, smart phones, digital tablets, laptops and electronic displays.
“These patents represent our ongoing investment in intellectual property to protect and advance the innovative technologies and systems developed by our technical and research experts,” Carestream chief patent counsel Susan Parulski said.
The company also won 34 additional patents from European and Asian countries last year, officials said.