8 Key Trends in the Global 3D Printing in Medical Applications Market
Thursday, May 28, 2015
Source: Becker's Spine Review
Here are eight trends in the global 3D printing in medical applications market, according to a Transparency Market Research report:
- The market is anticipated to reach a value of $965.5 million by 2019.
- The market was valued at $354.5 million in 2012.
- It is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 15.4 percent.
- Technological advancements, rising government investments and increasing number of medical applications are key factors driving the 3D printing in medical applications market.
- However, lack of skilled professionals and material development are expected to hamper the growth of the market.
- In 2012, North America dominated the market.
- But from 2012 to 2019, Europe is expected to lead the market.
- Key players in the market are Materialise, EnvisionTEC, Stratasys, Arcam and 3D Systems.