5 Key Trends in the Global Non-Fusion Spinal Devices Market
Wednesday, April 8, 2015
Source: Becker's Spine Review
Non-fusion spinal surgery is expected to grow globally until 2019, prompting the rapid increase in demand for spinal non-fusion devices, according to a Medical Market Research report.
Here are five things to know about the global spinal non-fusion devices market
- Increasing geriatric population, technological advancements, increasing incidences of obesity, a competitive marketplace and rising demand for minimally invasive surgery procedures drives the demand for this market.
- However, unstable reimbursement policies curb the growth of the market.
- North America contributes the largest market share as the degenerative disc disease affects almost 50 percent of the U.S. population above the age of 40 years.
- Europe has the second largest market share, but the Asia-Pacific region represents the fastest growth in the market.
- Some of the key players of this market are Medtronic, Stryker NuVasive, Globus Medical and Zimmer.