4th Annual New Venture Competition 2015: $100K Medical Device Challenge!
Monday, January 26, 2015
Companies will compete for $100,000 of services from M2D2, Boston Scientific, Mintz Levin, Omni Components, Smith & Nephew and Massachusetts Life Science Center.
All medical device technologies and inventions welcome and accepted! In addition the following New Venture Competition Sponsors have also identified the following specific areas of interest!
Boston Scientific has identified specific areas of interest:
- Additive Manufacturing for Implantable Devices
- Use of Flexible Electronics to Provide Innovative Implantable Devices
- Small Form-factor Imaging (65K+ pixels) and Single Pixel Cameras
Smith & Nephew has identified specific areas of interest:
- Tools which enable procedure simplification
- Tissue Sparing Procedures
- Stabilization of and Integration/Fixation to bone
- Novel Soft Tissue Repair
- Joint Preservation Solutions
Last year, this event was attended by more than 200 representatives from local venture capital firms, angel investors and service firms, allowing attendees to network and receive informal feedback and develop relationships with key supports for early stage companies. Finalists will present their business plan at a Pitch & Showcase Event on April 1, 2015 at UMass Lowell. Awards will be presented on April 16, 2015 at the offices of Mintz Levin in Boston.
Entry Fees - Apply early to receive discounted application fees:
First (20) Applications – Free / By Jan 16, 2015: $25 / By Jan 30, 2015: $50
Questions? Contact Mary Ann Picard at email@example.com or 978-934-3403