Marketing Communications Manager - Direct to Consumer
|Posted on:||Thursday, July 9, 2015|
|Organization:||Excellus BlueCross BlueShield|
This position supports the Marketing and Sales divisions in their achievement of corporate goals and objectives through strategic planning, design, coordination and development of marketing communications support. These tactics include direct marketing, advertising media, promotional/launch campaigns, sales collateral and web site design input. Responsible for the maintenance and ongoing support of the customized Print-on-Demand system and the vendors engaged in this process. The Marketing Communications Manager (MarComm) oversees the Sales and Marketing databases for direct marketing and contact updates. The position works with advertising agency and other external vendors as needed. The MarComm Manager is responsible for the implementation and management of the corporate brand standards, both internally and externally.
• On a project-by-project basis, is responsible for the strategy, design and implementation of communications, advertising programs and other initiatives for all lines of business across the enterprise, positioning the Health Plan as a health insurance leader.
This process includes:
• Supervising the advertising agency on the development of certain marketing communications tactics and campaigns representing all Health Plan divisions.
• Responsible for overall Health Care Plans marketing communications strategy and implementation.
• Manages the advertising agency’s production of advertising campaigns, including scripting, talent searches, photo shoots, production, editing, recording/filming, approval, media buying and value adds assessment.
• Directs the development, updating and customization process for all printed sales and marketing materials by segment and for broker communications across the Health Plan including directories, benefits summaries, brochures and post sale group/member materials.
• Supports the Manager of Web Marketing to ensure that the marketing web site updates coordinate with all marketing and sales efforts. Develops working relationship with the Web development group as an additional point of contact within MarComm.
• Manages the responsibility for maintaining and updating the direct marketing and outbound telemarketing databases used for Sales and Marketing
• Acts as a MarComm “Brand” Steward, ensuring that the Health Plan and BCBS Association standards are met and in compliance. Supports the internal rollout through education and distribution for employees. This ensures that graphic brand standards, positioning and usage will result in greater brand awareness and promote the value of the brand.
• Coordinates marketing communications produced in-house with Creative Services for design, layout and print production.
• Works with Document Services for cost-effective production of certain initiatives along with inventory control, distribution and printing replenishment.
• Supports the annual implementation plan for updating printed sales materials and collateral across the Health Plan and develops material for new products and new markets as needed.
• Monitors and ensures that ALL requests of the Marketing Communications team be made through the submission of a completed Marketing Communications Process Brief.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or a minimum of three years of related marketing communications or advertising agency work experience.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.