“What I do at Thermo Fisher Scientific extends outward—to my coworkers, to the scientific community and to people around the world who benefit from our innovative thinking and advanced technology.” -Thermo Fisher Scientific Employee
Job Title: 28799BR - HR Business Partner
Please visit https://jobs.thermofisher.com/ and reference job code 28799BR to apply
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Under the direction of HR leadership, the HR Business Partner is responsible for providing HR support to business unit/client groups, managing projects related to a variety of HR areas, improving processes, and supporting and leading change initiatives. This position is a part of the Laboratory Products Group HR team, based in Rochester NY, and will provide core, common and consistent HR solutions and provide large scale project support to LCD Rochester.
- Provide strategic partnership to business unit/client groups on topics such as: organizational structure and design, change management, leadership, talent management and development, and employee engagement.
- Manage projects in a variety of areas such as organizational design, change management, leadership & talent development, employee engagement, etc.
- Provide HR support and coaching on HR policies and processes, complex employee issues, people management, career development and personal leadership.
- Conduct investigations, resolve legal issues and support supervisors in disciplinary process.
- Support the Performance Improvement Process.
- Conduct compensation analysis working with the Compensation COE in regards to local compensation needs or analysis.
- Identify and implement improvement opportunities in areas supported, on the HR team, and for the site where applicable.
- Support COE and Corporate large scale HR initiatives (i.e., roll out annual programs, new programs/policies, etc.)
- Participate in the broader LCD (Laboratory Consumables Division) Rochester Operations HR team to drive HR projects and initiatives.
- Promote use of iConnect and HR1 Solution Center to solicit HR process/functional advice.
- Keep abreast of industry, market and regional and country functional trends, and leverage these insights to recommend and develop appropriate HR strategies and solutions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May need to travel up to 5% of time.
- Bachelor's degree in HR or business related field or equivalent combination of education/experience. MBA or related advanced degree desired.
- 5 years of direct experience in various aspects of human resources (staffing, compensation, employee relations and organizational development). HR certification preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing setting preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Proficiency in Access preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of labor and employment laws (e.g., NLRA, FMLA, Title VII, FCRA, ADA, ADEA, FLSA, HIPAA) and other HR concepts. Compliance with federal and state employment laws and regulations.
- Strong strategic and systems thinker; process improvement orientation.
- An individual who is highly proactive, analytical and has the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent analysis, problem solving, decision making, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Proven ability to handle difficult organizational situations.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, work independently, multi-task, and follow up on projects and issues.
- Self-motivated; bias for action. Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills to interface with all levels of the organization including employee relations, coaching, communications and presentations, etc.
- He/she should be someone who is sought out for their opinion and advice and who can forge and maintain close relationships, and influence people and situations, across all constituencies.
- Proven project and time management skills with ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Solid background in HRIS systems such as Workday, Epicor, Oracle, Cognos, etc. preferred.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
This position has been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.