Buyer / Planner
||Thursday, November 13, 2014
Providing purchasing support at an intermediate level by:
- Communicating material requirements to suppliers through material forecasts, purchase orders, expedites, GR/IR reconciliation and other communications
- Working with Engineering and other Buyer Planners on engineering change process and establishing effectivity dates.
- Collaborating with Manufacturing/Operations on determining supply risks and mitigation plans. Determining root cause to line outs and development of containment plans.
- Translating MRP to purchasing requirements. Communicating supply readiness, risks and issues to stakeholders
- Analyzing MRP data, and other relevant factors to assess supply risks.
- Ensuring that kanban signals and MRP reflect shifts in demand requirements.
- Identifies key risks to supply chain and impacts to supply continuity.
- Runs routine MRP and detailed reports to determine purchasing actions to take. Analyzes data and provides daily updates on supply status and line outs to stakeholders.
- Resolving supply issues through expediting with suppliers, negotiating with Service Parts Planning, working with Engineering to determine alternative supply solutions.
View All Career Opportunities »