Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets medicines for eye diseases, colorectal cancer, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including hypercholesterolemia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, allergic asthma, and atopic dermatitis.
Associate Director/Senior Mgr, Translational Medicine Planning, participates in evaluation and strategic planning of antibody drug development programs. Under supervision of Director, the Associate Director/Senior Mgr, Translational Medicine Planning performs multi-factorial analysis of scientific and clinical data to guide strategic direction for product development in the area of Muscle and Metabolism Diseases.
* The Associate Director/Senior Mgr, Translational Medicine Planning will support clinical development planning of Regeneron's pipeline drug candidates in the Muscle and Metabolism therapeutic areas
* Conduct detailed literature reviews and analysis of development opportunities from mechanistic, pharmacological and clinical development perspectives
* Organize and conduct consultations with clinical and translational experts
* Develop scientific understanding of pathophysiology of diseases and provide early medical translational support to assigned projects; identifying the right indication for the right target, identifying early development opportunities, support early clinical development planning, proof of concept study design, and biomarker strategy.
* Write and present well-reasoned medically and therapeutically based reviews and proposals to cross functional project team and Sr. Management to influence development strategy and implementation of new initiatives and projects
* Engage in team discussions and provide medical translational support to Research teams
* Recommend strategy and direction to team
* Serves as subject matter expert, develops concepts, and applies expertise across programs
* Independently establish goals and steps to meet project objectives
* Contribute to development and optimization of knowledge base to facilitate information sharing
across the organization
* Must possess PhD, M.D., or Pharm. D. Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry, or a translational clinical research role in academic or government settings.
* Extensive experience in basic, translational or clinical research related to target validation, drug discovery and drug development is required.
* Demonstration of strong training or background required.
* Knowledge of overall drug development process in broad therapeutic area with experience in Metabolism and Muscle diseases is required.
* Demonstrated ability to prepare concise summaries of topics and establish credibility and rapport as well as communicate effectively with research and clinical colleagues
* Ability to critically assess preclinical and clinical literature from a wide range of topics with understanding of the strength of scientific work and limitations of experimental design
* Effective communications (verbal & written) and presentation skills are essential.
* Must be able to work productively and adapt to changing priorities within a fast-paced collaborative and matrix organization.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.